As it was announced in Nike’s teaser from the last week, today is the official unveiling of the Air Max LeBron VIII. Media information will probably roll out throughout the day and we are starting with couple first images and some technical specification. The message reads: “With a new season comes an all new LeBron James signature shoe. The LEBRON 8 is built on a basketball specific Max Air 360 unit – combined with Flywire technology – for ultimate cushioning with lightweight comfort and lockdown control.” Below there’s a list of key features, the most interesting ones. Continue reading to see the rest. There’s also an image presenting the LeBron VII & VIII designer – Jason Petrie – in his work room. Do you see anything intriguing in there?
- Lion on tongue represents LeBron’s ravenous nature of a hunter on court.
- Signature tongue back label inspired by bespoke off court attire, highlights the crafted nature of the shoe.
- Height differential between collar nad heel has increased, which results in better lockdown and more achilles flexion.
- Swoosh design moved back on the shoe toward rear, ending on unique spoiler loop, to symbolize LeBron’s speed on court.
- Alternating formation of laces eye row created for better fit, with a top eyelet provide enhanced lockdown through dual pull design, shaped like an 8.
- Luxurious, supple all-natural leather upper, classically crafted and molded after the shell of a dress shoe.
- Structural TPU injected frame around flywire technology, with ergonomic zonally designed support, for lightweight lockdown only where needed.
- Outsole geometry combined with X flex design decouples heel to displace force and pressure.
- Deep cut forefoot flex grooves for optimal range of motion.
- Lightweight multidirectional herringbone pattern specifically LeBron’s first step and quick cuts.
- Dual density molded internal collar foam for elevated lockdown and comfort.
- Midsole compression molded phylon interface works in concert with Max Air 360 cushioning to help guide through the footstrike and further enhance ride.
- Max Air 360 unit for ultimate cushioning and impact protection.
- Fully integrated, seamless mesh innersleeve provides breathability and comfort.
- Functional detailing in the perimeter of the outsole provides flexibility while representing personal inspiration points.