There’s a big change coming with the seventh LeBron sneaker from Nike (sorry, no pics just yet). Fans will have to adjust to a completely new approach as the design doesn’t even mention the Zoom Air at this point! Just like last year there was the Zoom Power, which has transformed into the Zoom LeBron VI… this year the codename for LeBron James’ 7th installment is Air Phantom. The biggest change is the use of Flywire, and a new cushioning system called “Max 360”, which is going to be embedded in Phylon midsole. It is supposed to be an improved Max Air with a possible use of an additional Zoom Air unit somewhere inside. Of course everything is super-low, and super-light. Who knows… maybe they will be named Nike Zoom LeBron Max VII. Oh, by the way the MSRP will be $160, which would make it the most expensive LeBron sneaker ever. So far the closest was the ZLIV with the $150 price tag. The ZLV and the ZLVI were both $140. According to our sources, who have seen the shoe in person… it’s very VERY good. With The Six Nike played things safe, but the new design will be much more progressive. After all it might be the decision maker for The King whether to stay with Nike or not. His current contract expires next year. More info below, including a list of announced colorways…
- UPPER: Combination of full-grain leather and synthetic leathers. Ultra-lightweight Flywire technology for support and strength.
- MIDSOLE: Basketball specific 360 Air Max cushioning embedded in Phylon midsole.
- OUTSOLE: Solid rubber outsole with maximum traction herringbone pattern.
- 375664-102 White/Black-Varsity Red
- 375664-111 White/Wht-Mdnght Nvy-Vrsty Rd
- 375664-001 Black/Black
- 375664-114 White/White-Orn Bl-Vrsty Prpl