In addition to his collection of All-Star MVP and Rookie of the Year titles, LeBron James, the likable forward for the NBA’s Cleveland Cavaliers, can cram another honorific on his crowded mantelpiece. King James — as he is known by his army of fans — tops Forbes’ 20 Under 25 list of the Top-Earning Young Superstars. James, who will turn 23 on Dec. 30, earned $27 million between June 2006 and June 2007. That could be the low-end of James’ earning potential, Forbes pointed out. James is primed to outpace Los Angeles Laker Kobe Bryant, 29, as the highest-paid player in the NBA this year because of his new four-year $60 million contract. The Cavs will pay him $13 million his first year. Endorsement deals with Nike, Coca-Cola and Upper Deck, among others, easily eclipse his on-court salary. Check out the top ten below. Source forbes.com.
The Top 10:
- #1 LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers – NBA, $27 million.
- #2 Reggie Bush, 22-year-old running back for the NFL’s New Orleans Saints, with $24 million.
- #3 Maria Sharapova, tennis ace, $23 million (only $3.8 million from winnings).
- #4 Michelle Wie, golf phenom with $19 million in earnings.
- #5 Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen, The petite twins lord over Dualstar, $17 million each.
- #6 Daniel Radcliffe, better known as the title character of the Harry Potter films, $15 million.
- #7 Hilary Duff, the pop star-actress-‘tween, $12 million.
- #8 Avril Lavigne, the decidedly less-sullen Canadian songstress, $12 million.
- #9 Carmelo Anthony, Denver Nuggets – NBA, $10 million.
- #10 Keira Knightley, actress and the new face of Chanel, $9 million.